494 Tan Tar A Drive, Osage Beach, MO 65065
Course Code: APRIL-LOCKDOWN $100.00
This will be one of the most intensive, interactive, educational and inspirational lockdown workshops you will ever attend! You will leave with tangible take away tools that will make your lockdown plan more realistic and provide your staff and students with a greater chance of survival should such an event occur at your school.
The number of school shootings that have occurred recently make it clear that these types of incidents are not going away any time soon.
Are you still using 'coded alerts' to initiate your lockdown?
Is your plan based on what we actually know from these events that can lead to survival OR is your school district planning unrealistically?
Although law enforcement will eventually arrive to the school shooting, research shows that in most cases the shooting will already be over by the time they get there! Since you are the true first responders, will your plan allow your staff, students and visitors enough time to survive until the police arrive?
Crisis Reality Training teaches attendees how to develop and implement reality-based lockdown plans grounded on actual facts and supports that training with empirical and practical research and events.
The objectives of this workshop are to:
• Understand the purpose of a lockdown plan and why it has saved so many lives in active killer events
• Examine the numerous realistic considerations there are in developing a lockdown plan
• Empower the attendee with the knowledge that regardless of the size of their school, a lockdown plan can be implemented effectively
• Provide those on scene of an Active Killer event the tools necessary to increase their chances of survival
• SAVE LIVES!
What is a Lockdown?
A lockdown is a pre-set and rehearsed crisis response plan implemented by a school or district and activated once there is an actual or perceived threat of harm to staff, students and visitors. This plan requires the participation of all employees on the institution's property to implement the plan in order to mitigate the risk of injury or loss of life to those affected by the threat.
All lockdown type situations will be covered with in-depth discussions on announcement strategies, building and campus design and layouts, including open environment and outdoor situations.
Other topics include: the most advanced and technologically based staff, student and visitor notification systems; staff responsibilities during a lockdown; why your P.A. system is the most important component in a lockdown plan; and, seven actual survival tactics that have worked for numerous victims in these events that increase your chance of survival. Jesus will convince you through empirical evidence that any institution, regardless of its size or number of buildings on its campus, can develop and implement an effective lockdown plan that can save lives!
Topics covered will include:
• History of lockdowns
• Do lockdown plans really save lives?
• How to plan for best and worst-case scenarios instead of planning for comfort
• Considerations for development and implementation
• Determine the pros and cons of a coded vs non-coded announcement
• Using modern technology to enhance your lockdown plan announcement and present some of the best and forward-thinking practices being utilized in schools today
• Understand why having schematic designs for your buildings available to emergency responders is so important
• Communicating the emergency with staff, students, parents, police, fire and the media
How the law enforcement response has changed and why it's saving lives!
• Duck and Cover: Why it really doesn't work and why it's getting our staff and students killed during an Active Killer event!
We will discuss many of the high-profile school shootings and present what actions survivors took during an Active Killer event that led to their survival versus the tactics that lead to their deaths
L.E.A.S.T. Lockdown, Evacuation And Survival Tactics...an all-encompassing personal survival plan that should be taught to all staff and STUDENTS
'Staff, This is a Lockdown', Surviving the Active Killer Event; Presented in Partnership with MOASBO
Who should attend this training?
• K-12 school administrators, school counselors, school staff
• Crisis Response Team members
• Safety committee members
• Law Enforcement/School Resource Officers
• Fire Department personnel
• Tactical Team members, i.e., S.W.A.T., E.R.T., etc.
• Public and private institution supervisors and employees
• Risk Management personnel
• Human Resources staff
• Anyone wanting to learn more about how effective lockdown plans have saved lives during an Active Killer event in our nation's schools!
Only 125 registrations will be accepted.